Monday, February 20, 2012

Struggle for Biafra was right –Dokubo-Asari


Sun News
19 September 2012

•As South-South, S’East, Middle Belt youths unite for Ojukwu

More than 3000 youths from the Niger Delta, South East and the Middle Belt yesterday stormed the residence of departed Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, on a special condolence visit and procession just as former Niger Delta warlord, Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, declared that Ojukwu’s struggle for Biafra was right.

The group under the aegis of the Coalition of Nations and Organizations of Nigeria was billed to hold an all-night meeting at the national secretariat of Ohaneze Ndigbo in their resolve to effect a re-union of the ethnic nationalities.

Speaking when the youths paid a condolence on Lady Bianca Ojukwu, Dokubo-Asari recalled how many of his family members were killed and massacred for their support for Biafra.

Said Dokubo-Asari: “Today, if anything will stir me to fight, it is my belief that Biafra was right. When I was growing up, we were told a lot of things to hate Biafra. Maybe some of us were persuaded. But the more I grow up, the more I realize that it was the greatest mistake we made for not allowing Biafra to stand...

“You might not feel the pain that I feel, but if an Igbo man does not feel the pain that I feel, I am sorry for him. If an Urhobo man doesn’t feel the pain, I am sorry for him.“What Ojukwu lived and died for, in the coming years, we will see it with our eyes because of the arrogance of a few people that were born to rule, and everybody accepts it. When you want to talk they say leave them alone. Why should I leave them? If you don’t bend your back, nobody will ride you.

“For the first time in history, the divide and rule tactics of those who have kept us down failed

No comments:

Post a Comment