Friday, July 15, 2011

Corruption: Jonathan orders mass probe of ministries, states

Punch
15 July 2011


Drawing inspiration from the immortal words of one of Nigeria’s foremost educationists, the late Dr. Tai Solarin, President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday wished his ministers a “rough road” ahead and told them that he had asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission to probe all levels of government and ministries.


Jonathan, at the inauguration of the last batch of ministers cleared by the Senate, said, “Remember the words of the late Tai Solarin, in a January 1, 1964 essay: “May your road be rough,” I am not cursing you; I am wishing you what I wish myself every year. I therefore repeat, may you have a hard time this year, may there be plenty of troubles for you this year! If you are not so sure what you should say back, why not just say, ‘same on you?’ I ask no more!”

No comments:

Post a Comment