Sunday, June 19, 2011

Suicide bomber wore long beard like Bin Laden –Eyewitness

The Sun News
18 June 2011 


Facts emerged yesterday at the Louis Edet Police Headquarters in Abuja that the suicide bomber that drove the car bomb that killed many people and injured others wore a long beard just like that of the late Al Qaeda leader, Osama Bin Laden.

Police eyewitness, who pleaded anonymity, told Saturday Sun that the suicide bomb car which came immediately after the arrival of the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim’s convoy,
parked adjacent to the IG’s car and that he was reluctant to move away the car bomb until he was forced by the late police traffic warden, who ignorantly entered the car and compelled him to drive off.

The eyewitness further disclosed that the driver to the IGP slapped the suicide bomber before he reluctantly moved the car bomb to the general car park which exploded few seconds on getting there.

“I was going out after IG’s arrival when I saw the IG’s convoy men arguing with the man in a car which looked like Honda Civic car. I saw the IG driver slap him while the late traffic warder jumped into the car and he was moving away reluctantly.

“I was following them behind but I turned back immediately because I left my car key in the office. Immediately I got to the office, I heard the explosion, which shook the whole building.

There was confusion everywhere as well as smoke. I thank God that God saved my life even though I lost my car”, the source said.

Similarly, the Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), DCP Olusola Amore’s official car and the Dawn newspaper car were among those consumed by the explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment